What is an eCD Time Deposit?
Like a CD, an eSavings Time Deposit offers a higher rate of interest for a guaranteed period of time. In addition, with Amboy's eSavings Time Deposit CD, you can make additional deposits during first 6 months from your current bank account using our Bank to Bank transfer capability. Deposits are made by logging into your Amboy Direct account and initiating a transfer.
- Pays a fixed higher rate of interest for a guaranteed period of time.
- Allows additional deposits during first 6 months - up to $250,000 - via account transfer.
- Maintains a link between your current checking account and eSavings CD account
- Guarantees your balances with FDIC Insurance
- Open online with just $100 to start.
Opening an eCD Time Deposit
An eSavings Time Deposit account can be opened online using the eSavings account application and the appropriate Offer Code. You will be requested to provide personal information as part of the application. Here are a few items to consider when applying:
You will be requested to provide personal information as part of the application. Here are a few items to consider when applying:
- You must be at least 18 years old, a NJ resident and have a valid social security number.
- Minimum initial deposit is $100. You can add to your account balance during the first six months but cannot take out funds until maturity.
- Accounts are opened online with an initial deposit from your personal checking account at another bank.
- After you submit your application, Amboy Direct will send two small deposits to your personal checking account that must be verified. To verify, review your transaction history at the bank where your checking account resides and identify the two deposits. Your initial login to Amboy Direct will require you to enter the amounts before you can access your account. These deposits are free and are sent as a fraud protection measure.
- You must validate the 2 small deposits in your linked account no later than 50 days from the date the first deposit was made.
- Transfer capabilities to your eSavings acount will be available after "Verification process" is complete.
Using Your Amboy Direct Accounts
Amboy Direct makes banking easy while earning more on your savings balances. You have access to your funds 24/7 by logging into www.amboydirect.com or calling Amboy 24 at 1 877-24-AMBOY. Here are some features:
- Account information can be accessed 24/7 by logging into www.amboydirect.com or calling Amboy 24 at 1 877-24-AMBOY.
- Your Amboy Direct account is automatically linked to the checking account used to open the account allowing you to make deposits during first 6 months.
- To make a deposit to your eSavings account, you must log into your account and initiate a transfer by selecting the amount and date.
- Deposits made to your account will begin to accrue interest 1 business day after the deposit is made. Everyday is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays.
- There are no charges for deposit transfers to your account.
- Quarterly statements are sent electronically and secured with your personal password.
- Amboy Direct Service Consultants are available by phone 8:30 - 7:00 Mon. - Thurs, 8:30 - 5:00 Fri., 9:00 - 1:00 Sat. EST.
- Wire transfers, mail in deposits and issues of bank checks are not available with this account.
- The account balance limit is $250,000 per client.
- A zero balance in your account will result in immediate closure. As a result, any accrued interest in your account will be forfeited.
You will receive an electronic notification 30 days prior to your account maturing.