Maximizer is a money market savings account that offers the highest rate of interest on larger balances without tying your money up. Maximizer offers convenient access to move money between your current checking account and your Maximizer account - online via the Internet, by phone or by mail. With Money Market Maximizer, you take maximum advantage of your balances without changing your current banking relationships.
What is Money Market Maximizer?
- Pays monthly interest at a competitive variable money market interest rate
- Minimum initial deposit is $100. Balances over $5,000 earn interest.
- Maintains a link between your current checking account and a Maximizer account
- Guarantees your balances with FDIC Insurance
- Allows 24-hour access to transfer money between your accounts
- Offers Me-to-Me checks as an alternative to withdraw funds
- Open online via the Internet, by phone or by mail
- Offers optional Same-Day Transfer an alternative way to speed up access to your funds
Opening a Money Market Maximizer Account
A Money Market Maximizer account can be opened in one of three ways - online , by phone or by mail. You will be requested to provide personal information. Here are a few items to consider when applying:
General Points for all New Accounts
- To open an account, you must be at least 18 years old, a U. S. citizen and have a valid social security number.
- A minimum initial deposit of at least $100 is required. Once your account is established, your funds are always available online. Interest is paid when balances are over $5,000.
- Your account must be opened with an initial deposit from your personal account with check writing privileges - usually a personal checking account. This account will be linked to your Maximizer account.
- Your initial deposit will begin to accrue interest 1 business day after the deposit is made and will be available for withdrawal after 7 business days. After the initial 30 days, funds that have been on deposit for more than 5 business days may be withdrawn.
Opening Online via Internet
- Please have your checkbook and current driver's license information handy when completing the application. If you are opening a joint account, please have personal information available for the co-depositor.
- After you submit your application, Amboy Direct will automatically send two small deposits to your personal checking account. You will need to verify these transactions by contacting your bank to identify their amounts. Your initial login to Amboy Direct will require you to enter the amounts before you can access your account. These deposits are free and are sent as a fraud protection measure.
- The initial deposit will be withdrawn from your linked account within 1-3 business days of account opening even if you have not verified the two small deposits. Transfer capabilities will be available after verification is complete.
Opening by Mail
- You may open your Maximizer account by clicking on the "Apply Now" page and using the "Mail-In Application" form that is available as a link. Follow the instructions and send your application with a check for the initial deposit to Amboy Direct, 3590 US Highway 9, Old Bridge, NJ 08857. Once the application is processed, the amount of the initial deposit is unavailable for seven business days. Bank-to-bank transfers are only available when the initial deposit is made from an account that has check writing privileges.
Opening by Phone
- Just call 877-22AMBOY and we'll walk you through the application.
Using Your Amboy Direct Account
Amboy Direct makes banking easy while earning more on your savings balances. You have access to your funds 24/7 by logging into www.amboydirect.com or calling Amboy 24 at 1 877-24-AMBOY. Here are some features of Maximizer:
- Accounts are automatically linked to the checking account used to open the account allowing you to make deposits or withdrawals by transferring Bank-to-Bank between these accounts.
- Account information can be accessed 24/7 by logging into www.amboydirect.com or calling Amboy 24 at 1 877-24-AMBOY.
- Deposits will begin to accrue interest 1 business day after the deposit is made and will be available for withdrawal after 5 business days. Every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays.
- Electronic transfers to your non Amboy checking will generally be at your bank within 2-3 business days.
- Me to Me checks provide an alternative, paper based, way to make withdrawals from your Money Market Maximizer account.
- Deposits to an opened account can be made by checking and mailed to Amboy Direct, 3590 U.S. Highway 9, Old Bridge, NJ 08857. Deposits by check are generally available within 5-7 business days.
- Federal Regulation D, which banks must comply with, limits preauthorized transfers from the account to six per month.
- Amboy Direct Service Consultants are available by phone 8:30 - 7:00 Mon. - Thurs, 8:30 - 5:00 Fri., 9:00 - 1:00 Sat. EST. You may also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quarterly statements are sent electronically via email and are secured with your personal password.
- The account balance limit is $250,000 per client.
- Amboy Direct does not generally charge fees. Fees may apply for optional services, such as Same-Day Transfers. Fees may be charged by your existing bank.
- Rates are subject to change daily unless otherwise guaranteed by special offer.
- There are no branch transactions available for this account.
- A zero balance in your account will result in immediate closure. As a result, any accrued interest in your account will be forfeited. Also, balances under one dollar will result in forfeiture of any accrued interest in the account.
Your deposits are FDIC insured up to $250,000 per depositor. Individual and joint accounts are insured separately. If you have both types of accounts, your total deposits can be insured up to $500,000 - that is, up to $250,000 in all of your individual accounts and an additional $250,000 in all of your joint accounts. Visit FDIC online at FDIC.gov for more details
Get a high-yield Max Plus Bonus Rate. For new clients only. Click below for details.
- Coverage to $250,000.
- Backed by the U.S. Government and at no cost to you.
- Not one dollar of FDIC-protected money has ever been lost.
- Separate coverage based on ownership categories
- Click here to Add a Beneficiary
Our Commitment to protecting your privacy and security includes:
- High-level Encryption
128-bit SSL protects personal data.
- Multi-factor Login
additional identity protection ensures only authorized logins.
- Information Kept Private
not shared with any 3rd parties.
- Professional Call Center
Our local dedicated staff assists you efficiently and confidentially.
You can always talk to one of our customer service specialists. Hours from 8:30 - 7:00 Mon. - Thurs, 8:30 - 5:00 Fri., 9:00 - 1:00 Sat. EST
Or, email us your questions at email@example.com
We look forward to addressing your questions promptly.