Max More is a money market savings account that offers the highest rate of interest on larger balances without tying your money up. Max More offers convenient online access to move money between your current checking account and your Max More account. With Money Market Max More, you take maximum advantage of your balances without changing your current banking relationships.
What is Money Market Max More?
- Pays monthly interest at a competitive variable money market interest rate
- Minimum initial deposit is $100. Balances over $5,000 earn interest.
- Maintains a link between your current checking account and a Max More account
- Guarantees your balances with FDIC Insurance
- Allows 24-hour access to transfer money between your accounts
General Points for all New Accounts
- To open an account, you must be at least 18 years old, a U.S. citizen and have a valid social security number.
- A minimum initial deposit of at least $100 is required. Once your account is established, your funds are always available online. Interest is paid when balances are over $5,000.
- Your account must be opened with an initial deposit from your personal account with check writing privileges - usually a personal checking account. This account will be linked to your Max More account.
- Your initial deposit will begin to accrue interest 1 business day after the deposit is made and will be available for withdrawal after 7 business days. After the initial 30 days, funds that have been on deposit for more than 5 business days may be withdrawn.
- Max More is available only to NJ residents.
Opening Online via Internet
- Please have your checkbook and current driver's license information handy when completing the application. If you are opening a joint account, please have personal information available for the co-depositor.
- After you submit your application, Amboy Direct will automatically send two small deposits to your personal checking account. You will need to verify these transactions by contacting your bank to identify their amounts. Your initial login to Amboy Direct will require you to enter the amounts before you can access your account. These deposits are free and are sent as a fraud protection measure.
- The initial deposit will be withdrawn from your linked account within 1 business day of account opening even if you have not verified the two small deposits. Transfer capabilities will be available after verification is complete.
Opening by Maill
- You may open your Max More account by clicking on the "Apply Now" page and using the "Mail-In Application" form that is available as a link. Follow the instructions and send your application with a check for the initial deposit to Amboy Direct, 3590 US Highway 9, Old Bridge, NJ 08857. Once the application is processed, the amount of the initial deposit is unavailable for seven business days. Bank-to-bank transfers are only available when the initial deposit is made from an account that has check writing privileges.
Using Your Amboy Direct Account
Amboy Direct makes banking easy while earning more on your savings balances. You have access to your funds 24/7 by logging into www.amboydirect.com or calling Amboy 24 at 1 877-24-AMBOY. Here are some features of Max More:
- Accounts are automatically linked to the checking account used to open the account allowing you to make deposits or withdrawals by transferring Bank-to-Bank between these accounts.
- You may link only one checking account at a time. Account must be opened for 60 days before you may change your linked account.
- Account information can be accessed 24/7 by logging into www.amboydirect.com or calling Amboy 24 at 1 877-24-AMBOY.
- Deposits will begin to accrue interest 1 business day after the deposit is made and will be available for withdrawal after 5 business days. Every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays.
- Electronic transfers to your non Amboy checking will generally be at your bank within 2-3 business days.
- Federal Regulation D, which banks must comply with, limits preauthorized transfers from the account to six per month.
- Amboy Direct Service Consultants are available by phone 8:30 - 7:00 Mon. - Thurs, 8:30 - 5:00 Fri., 9:00 - 1:00 Sat. EST. You may also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quarterly statements are sent electronically via email and are secured with your personal password.
- The account balance limit is $250,000 per client.
- Rates are subject to change daily unless otherwise guaranteed by special offer.
- There are no branch transactions available for this account.
- A zero balance in your account will result in immediate closure. As a result, any accrued interest in your account will be forfeited. Also, balances under one dollar will result in forfeiture of any accrued interest in the account.
Your deposits are FDIC insured up to $250,000 per depositor. Individual and joint accounts are insured separately. If you have both types of accounts, your total deposits can be insured up to $500,000 - that is, up to $250,000 in all of your individual accounts and an additional $250,000 in all of your joint accounts. Visit FDIC online at FDIC.gov for more details.
* For $250 bonus, you must maintain a minimum monthly average balance of $30,000. Account will be credited $62.50 per quarter. If account is closed within first 12 months, any bonus payment credited to the account will be debited from the account at closing. Bonus period expires 12 months after account opening. During Bonus Period: Balance of $30,000 - $250,000 earns 0.60% Annual Percentage Yield (APY); $5,000 - $29,999 earns 0.20% APY; under $5,000 and over $250,000 earns no interest. APYs may change daily. Fees may reduce earnings. One offer per new NJ Amboy Direct household that has not received past bonus. Offer may be modified without notice. $100 to open; $250,000 maximum. Not available at Amboy branches. Offer code required. Member FDIC.